Carl Gustav Jung was a positive psychologist and a philosopher. He saw an impulse for expanding one’s consciousness in virtually any manifestation of neurosis or depression.
- Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise you won’t meet the one who’s coming.
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
- If you are a gifted person, it doesn’t mean that you gained something. It means you have something to give back.
- The meeting of two personalities is like contact between two chemical substances: both elements are transformed by even the slightest reaction.
- The heaviest burden for a child is the unlived lives of its parents.
- Everything about other people that doesn’t satisfy us helps us to better understand ourselves.
- Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.
- Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
- We reach for the past to our parents and for our children in the future, whom we will never see but whom we want to take care of.
- What you resist, persists.
- Depression is like a woman in black. If she turns up, don’t shoo her away. Invite her in, offer her a seat, treat her like a guest and listen to what she wants to say.
- Quite often, the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in vain.
- A dream is a small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens up to that primeval cosmic night that was the soul, long before there was the conscious ego.
- A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
- Your perception will become clear only when you can look into your soul.
- I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.
- We may think that we fully control ourselves. However, a friend can easily reveal something about us that we have absolutely no idea about.
- ’’Magic’’ is just a different word to describe a psychological designation.
- Our personalities are part of the world around us, and their mystery is also boundless.
Preview photo credit Pete Revonkorpi